SELF-PROPELLED I TRANSPORTABLE I VERSATILE
Call Us Toll Free: 866.483.0014

U.S. Army Corps of Engineer, Los Angeles District, used an IMS Model 7012 HP Versi-Dredge®

For Immediate Release June 16, 2009

LOS ANGELES, CA – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineer, Los Angeles District, used an IMS Model 7012 HP Versi-Dredge® in a beneficial reuse project at Marina Del Rey, California, the largest man-made marina in the United States.

Tim Fields, the Corps’ Project Manager, said, “this dredging project is a good opportunity for the Corps to investigate new innovative technologies which are being developed in an environmentally friendly manner so that we can beneficially reuse the sand and decrease the costs for dredging contaminated material.”

The Corps hired CJW Construction as prime contractor for the 10,000 yd3 pilot project, which in turn used the IMS Model 7012 HP in conjunction with an environmental dewatering system.

According to the Corps, 70% of the material was reusable. The remaining 30% was trash, clay, or silt.

“It’s a creative solution that the Corps has been working on for a number of years,” said Walter Popoft, Executive Assistant, L.A. County Beaches & Harbors.

CJW Construction’s Alan Perkovich said that, “The IMS 7012 HP Versi-Dredge® did an amazing job with the trash.”

IMS’s innovative patented Starwheel Drive self-propulsion system made it ideal for the project since boats could travel freely around the dredge without worrying about cables or anchors.

For more information please contact:

Ryan Horton
Director of Sales
Office: 913-642-5100
Mobile: 715-760-2170
[email protected]

Latest News

Address

1750 Madison Avenue,
New, Richmond, Wisconsin 54017
Phone: 913.642.5100
Fax: 913.642.5119
Toll Free: 866.483.0014 or 866.467.4010
For Sales Contact
[email protected]


Parts & Service

Toll Free: 1.800.243.1406
Phone: 715.246.2888
Fax: 715.246.2573

For Parts: [email protected]
For Service: [email protected]

Our Affiliates